The Kirk Family

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Completed pottery projects







The Elephant Bank I was making for Alex was supposed to turn out blue. One thing I have learned this far is that the glaze NEVER turns out as you expect...and sometimes better than you expected, but not too excited about how the color turned out. Alex now has a purple elephant bank! The tall rectangular-like cylinder was intended to be half the size it is. I decided to make this bank when I found out we were having a girl. But I am happy the 3D flowers turned out and didn't fall off in the kiln firing. The leaf was a 20 minute project. I had 20 minutes left of class and didn't want to go home early to face momhood...so I decided to make a foot long leaf. I meant for it to be a leaf platter, but wet clay doesn't hold form without support.....so it ended up being fall decor!

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

I LOVE the leaf! How amazing... you are inspiring me to want to take a pottery class now. I am glad that you are able to get away and do these kinds of things every once in awhile. They are fun for me to look at too. Thanks for sharing and good job!

 
At June 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Great job!!

 
At June 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM , Blogger The Odermott's said...

there cute! good job

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home