The Kirk Family

Monday, October 19, 2009

Alex and Shaving Cream...Razor not included!




So, I was talking to a friend the other day in frustration because Alex has not been the terrible two year old he usually is...but the TERRIBLE two year old he usually isn't. To explain further what I mean...Alex never seemed to go through "terrible two's". He had his moments, but hindsight...he has been pretty good. So when Claire came along a month ago, I have since realized that he has actually been a very mild two year old. It seems he has lost his hearing, doesn't need a mom or dad anymore because he can "do it himself". (anything and everything). And thinks "Mom needs a spank for taking his toy away that he was using to hit with". So the wonderful advice from my friend was that maybe he is bored. I knew that, but with a new baby I get very preoccupied with poopies, blowouts, feedings, and spit ups. I broke out Dad's shaving cream and to my amazement Alex was focused (as in photo) for 45 minutes. Those of you who know anything about the attention span of a two year old...that is like a year in time! Try it! It is antibacterial and super easy to clean up and cleans while you clean up!

1 Comments:

At October 23, 2009 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Wow. What a great idea! That is awesome that Alex stayed entertained for that long. I bet that was the best feeling for you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home